It’s beyond obvious that the sexual marketplace is warped beyond belief. The ability of most young people (a group I care about because I’m one of them) to get what they want, particularly in the longer term, is crippled. Some hedonists – a particular brand of pickup artist, and sex-poz feminists – have celebrated this anarchy as a time of unparalleled enjoyment. The rest of us are induced one way or another into acting out the principle of least interest, striving to not be a sucker – not wanting to turn out for practice until we get to play on a winning team.
In discussion with a reader, I sketched out a number of steps forward from the status quo.
1. Acknowledge real sex differences and the manners of attraction and commitment for both sides (analytical game)
2. Teach women how to be aware of their attraction switches, and the consequences of following them in the modern open marketplace
3. Teach men how to have some game – to take their natural traits and “sharpen” them, and at the same time avoid betatizing, friend-zoning behaviors
4. Teach women about opportunity costs, how to initiate and that they have a finite window – so they don’t end up spinning for decades like Kate Bolick.
5. Teach young people how to have sane, structured young adult lives that prepare them well for the future so they don’t reach age 30 living the same way they did when they were 22 (my blog, among others)
The really difficult part is that they all have to happen in concert, and starting at a young age, or we wind up with a classic prisoner’s dilemma where one side is incentivized to trick the other into making the first sacrifice and then never following through.