I found this list in an old email from Marc Rudov, the “No-Nonsense Man.” It’s also featured in his book The Man’s No Nonsense Guide to Women: How to Succeed in Romance on Planet Earth.
- Look in the mirror before peering through a window
- Men and women are from Earth; never accept or tolerate a woman from any other planet
- Make only those demands on a woman that you place on yourself
- Accept only those demands from a woman that she places on herself
- If you keep doing the same things, you will keep getting the same results
- Always obey your instincts; always update your instincts
- When meeting a woman, what you see is what you get. If you don’t like it, move on. Never:
a. Be on a mission to change her
b. Fall in love with her potential—–what you think she could/should become
- A relationship’s future must be gauged by its heartbeat, not its history or its potential
- Remember that life is short—–happiness, loneliness, and dysfunction are choices
- Never stay in a relationship where you spend a lot of time avoiding pain.
Marc closes with: “How many of these commandments have you kept?” I would add that you can change all the female nouns to male ones and the advice still works 100%.